Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Passion for Children's books


So... Have I ever told you how much I love children's books?????
My favorite thing is to read books to my kids. Just this last year we
have rented nearly 500 books! I am determined to have my children
love reading , and realize that a book can take you anywhere. Being
the visual person that I am though... I must say that I am smitten
with the illustrations , and if they are not appealing ...well..then the
book has to be fabulous in a different way or I may overlook it. My
older son and I now of course, enjoy the unillustrated chapter books
together. Our favorites there are of course Harry Potter books, Alex Rider series, Island of the Blue Dolphins, Bridge to Terabithia, The Roald Dahl books, Little House, Where the Red Fern Grows, There are so many great ones. We love the Dk Eyewitness books too ( I still love those humorous, or heartwarming, children's picture books though!)

My theory is just have fun reading!
Above are a handful of books we have liked ...but there are soooo many more!
I love the creative ones, the hilarious ones, the ones that really help you learn about science and nature ...and the books that make us cry!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Being a middle school English teacher, I have a passion for young adult lit. As far as chapter books, you should check into "Bud Not Buddy" and "Nothing but the Truth"...two of my all time favorites. As far as picture books go "Walter the Farting Dog" is fabulous; funny as heck.

    ReplyDelete